How to buy bitcoins online
Coinbase is the world's largest Bitcoin (BTC) broker. They represent an easy and fast way for new users to purchase bitcoins. Coinbase supports customers in over 30 countries, including the United States, Europe (besides Germany), UK, Singapore, Canada, and Australia.
Customers in the above countries can purchase bitcoins with credit card, debit card, bank transfer, SEPA transfer, and more.
Get $10 or €10 worth of free bitcoin when you buy more than $100 or €100 worth through this link.
- High liquidity and buying limits
- Easy way for newcomers to get bitcoins
- "Instant Buy" option available with credit card or debit card
- Purchases made with bank transfer can take up to 5 days to complete
- Coinbase may track how and where you spend your bitcoins
Paxful, found online at Paxful.com, is a peer-to-peer bitcoin exchange that lets you buy bitcoin using unconventional methods – like PayPal or Amazon Gift Cards. You visit the website, decide how much bitcoin you want to buy, then choose your desired payment method.
Paxful offers over 300 different ways to pay for bitcoin. Some of the most popular methods include Amazon Gift Card, PayPal, Western Union, and Walmart Gift Cards. Paxful also offers credit and debit card purchases.
In some cases, ID is required (like for PayPal and debit/credit cards). When using payments like Amazon Gift cards, however, the transaction is private.
So far, Paxful claims to have traded over 40,000 bitcoins. They claim to have 55,000+ happy customers.
Paxful is registered in Wilmington, Delaware, but appears to be based in New York City. The company is led by CEO Ray Yousef.
LocalBitcoins is an escrow service which also helps to match bitcoin buyers and sellers. The most common method of payment for purchase is cash deposit. However, users may advertise trades for whichever payment method they prefer.
Buying bitcoins via an in-person meeting, secured and facilitated by LocalBitcoins, may be one of the fastest and most private ways to buy bitcoins in any country.
We may receive compensation when you use LocalBitcoins. Please visit LocalBitcoins for its exact pricing terms.
- Can be private, fast and easy
- In-person trades require no personal information
- Purchases of bitcoin can be made quickly via cash deposit
- Beware of scams; always follow the rules!
- Harder to buy large amounts of bitcoins compared to large exchanges
- Slightly to significantly higher prices than regular exchanges; premium for higher privacy